Top 10 Ways to Grow Your Email List AND Accelerate Your Business Growth!
Top 10 Ways to Grow Your Email List
Social media is a shotgun approach and you have no idea who is actually seeing your content.
Email marketing is highly focussed on clients – past and present and future and goes directly into their inbox. It has the highest ROI of most marketing programs.
- Put an interesting Lead Magnet on your website that requires an email to get. Make sure the title reflects your ideal client’s major pain point and gives them substantial content to show off your expertise.
- Give it a great NAME — examples: Garden Gossip, Chamber Chat, Healthy & Happy! Fun, Fit and Fabulous! Alliteration is great and catchy.
- Add a signup as part of your signature and spread it all over your social media posts.
- Creating interesting readable and shareable content is key to continued subscriptions.
- Lead with valuable content NOT a sales pitch! Give four times and ask once. So only 20% of the time is there an ask.
- Hav only ONE CLEAR and SIMPLE Call to Action! Repeat it 2-3x in your email including in the PS. AND TEST TEST AND RETEST YOUR LINKS!
- MYTH: QUALITY of emails NOT QUANTITY! 500 names = $5,000 with the right message to the right audience at the right time.
- Run a CONTEST BUT link PRIZE to what you do, not a generic prize. Beware of the cookie monster who only wants the cookie and will never buy from you.
- Put out regular content but not too often either. Think of what you’d read and how often before it becomes IN YOUR FACE OVERLOAD!
I don’t care what other ‘experts’ say about daily blasts. Instant unsubscribe which when you have millions of subscribers is a blip but important to keep all when you’re starting out.
- When speaking, pass around a lead sheet for attendees to sign up for.